Companion Care in Southeastern MI
Receive Emotional Support with Companion Care
Are you struggling with feelings of loneliness and isolation as you grow into your retirement years? Perhaps you’re doing alright, but a loved one could use some extra emotional support. Here’s where Enriched Life Home Care Services’ companion care comes in. We provide emotional support and friendship to those who need a little help staying emotionally healthy. Our home care services encompass a wide range of tasks, and we’re here to assist seniors from all walks of life. Learn more about our Livonia, MI companion care services today.
What Is Companion Care?
When we think of senior care, we most often think of assisted living. However, companion care falls into a category all its own. In short, this service is geared toward people of any age who need emotional support but are otherwise healthy. While Enriched Life Home Care Services focuses on assisting older adults, companion care could be for anyone. Those who provide companion care are tasked with keeping their clients active and engaged with daily life. They might help your loved one cope with life and perform daily chores.
Is It Time for Companion Care?
According to a study from the University of Michigan, a lack of companionship and feelings of isolation can wreak havoc on the health of older adults. If your loved one is struggling to stay engaged with society and enjoy the activities they used to, it may be time to consider companion care from Enriched Life Home Care Services. We match each client with a home care services expert, who will become a source of emotional support for them. Companion care is well-suited to seniors who live alone or live far away from their family members. Our services allow your loved one the chance for in-person emotional support without ever having to leave home.
Explore Our Range of Services
At Enriched Life Home Care Services, we’re happy to provide a range of services included within companion care. We know your loved one needs more than just a listening ear from time to time. Our team members strive to be a friend to your loved one, taking them to appointments and helping them attend clubs and events. You can expect the following services from our companion care team:
- Visiting and providing emotional support
- Alleviating feelings of loneliness
- Improving their quality of life through companionship
- Accompanying your loved one to activities, appointments, and errands
- Helping them attend clubs and church and engage with family and friends
- Assisting with Activities of Daily Living (ADLs)
- Reminding your loved one of the medications
The Many Benefits of Companion Care
Companion care offers your loved one numerous benefit. If you live too far away to provide adequate emotional and physical support, our team is happy to step in and help your loved one manage their emotions and day-to-day activities. Here’s just a small sampling of the advantages of premier companion care:
- Sense of Dignity: Many seniors shy away from assisted living because they want to maintain their sense of independence. With companion care, your loved one can continue to live on their own while receiving some emotional support from time to time. Plus, they won’t feel like a burden to any friends or family who want to act as their emotional support system.
- Comfort: Living alone or far from family can take a toll on anyone. Seniors with limited mobility are especially susceptible to feelings of loneliness and isolation. Our service provides your loved one with a friend they can look to for help and comfort whenever they need it.
- Staying Active: An active lifestyle is crucial to prolonged health, but that doesn’t have to mean constant exercise. Staying active can look more like going out to dinner, enjoying hobbies, or seeing a movie. Our companion care team helps your loved one stay active in these ways, avoiding boredom and resulting loneliness.
- Help with Housekeeping: Older adults might struggle with cooking, meal preparation, and housekeeping. Our team members are here to help your loved one cook and clean while maintaining a sense of independence.
- Friendship: Perhaps the most important thing our caregivers can do for your loved one is providing friendship. Seniors may have a hard time staying in touch with friends and family, so our team members step in to ensure they have a support system. We’re not just here to lend a listening ear; we’re here for your loved one as a friend would be.
Reach Out to Us Today
If it’s time to seek companion care for yourself or a loved one, Enriched Life Home Care Services should be your first call. We cover all the bases, from medication reminders to a sense of comfort and friendship. Our trained caregivers provide an excellent experience for clients of all ages, and we’re available year-round, seven days a week. We’re even here for you on holidays, and weekends! Whenever you need companion care, you can count on our Livonia, MI team to accommodate you or your loved one. Contact us today for more details.