Alzheimer’s & Dementia Care
Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care in Livonia & Southeastern Michigan
Enriched Life Home Care understands that caring for those with Alzheimer’s and Dementia comes with many challenges. Therefore, whether your loved one has early-stage, mid-stage, or late-stage dementia we can provide the support you need.
Below are some startling facts from the Alzheimer’s Association*:
- Alzheimer’s disease is the 6th leading cause of death in the United States.
- 8 million Americans are living with Alzheimer’s. By 2050, this number is to projected to rise to nearly 14 million.
- 1 in 3 seniors dies with Alzheimer’s or another form of dementia. It kills more than breast cancer and prostate cancer combined.
- Every 65 seconds someone in the United States develops the disease
Because we know that the impact of Alzheimer’s & Dementia can vary greatly by individual, our Case Managers will meet with you to go through an extensive Care Assessment. The purpose is to ensure that care is specifically designed for their needs. As a result, we will design a specific memory care plan to ensure the highest quality of care.
Our Alzheimer’s & Dementia Memory Care Program can assist with support, monitoring, and activities such as (but not limited to):
- Hygiene and Personal Care
- Memory Care Activities and Exercises
- Transferring Assistance
- Wheelchair Assistance
- Wandering Prevention
- Safety and Fall Prevention
- Transportation to and from appointments, errands, activities
- Meal Planning and Preparation
- Medication Reminders and Assistance
We have been providing free educational Alzheimer’s and Dementia Education seminars throughout Southeastern Michigan for several years. The purpose is to help shed the light on the disease and educate others within the community. Click here to watch a video to learn more about our seminars.
We provide care based on the needs of the individual and their family members. We offer and provide care on all Holidays, Mornings, Afternoons, and Evenings, and 7 Days a week to ensure that your loved one is cared for.
Our phones are answered 24 hours a day in case of an emergency or if there is an urgent matter after normal office hours. When you call you will be speaking to an on-call Case Manager who knows the client and can offer assistance – not by an outside call center.
Please give us a call at 734-744-6477 if you are in need of assistance or fill out the Contact Us form on our website. We are here to answer questions you may have and provide you with valuable information to meet your loved one’s needs.
*Source: https://www.alz.org/alzheimers-dementia/facts-figures (February 2020)